Sunday, November 29, 2009

Long-Range Technology Plan Analysis

The Long Range Plan is an immense document which attempts to map out a course for technology and educational integration for the entire state of Texas. In this ever-changing world of the 21st century, education must keep up with a society obsessed with technology. In addition, this plan must be comprehensive enough to prepare students to utilize technology and compete for jobs which have yet to be created. This plan incorporates suggestions for teachers, administrators, funding, infrastructure, etc. to be completed by 2020. This plan is crucial in insuring that students and teachers are obtaining the tools needed to educate students to be able to compete in the 21st century.
As an instructional leader, it is vital for me and other instructional leaders to comprehend the need for schools to improve technology teaching and integration. I will endeavor to create an environment where technology integration is seen as fundamental by my entire campus. I will utilize the Long-Range Technology Plan, the technology TEKS, and other sources of data to show reluctant teachers the importance of technology in education. Then, I will work with my campus leadership (both formal and informal leaders) to overcome the budgetary constraints in order to obtain funding for the proper equipment to integrate technology. I already work toward this goal as a technology liaison, but I think I will have much more say as an administrator. Next, I would like to have my campus be a model for future technology integration and prepare my students for this technology-obsessed world.

No comments:

Post a Comment